Based in Karlsruhe, Germany
Nowhere Prophet is a roguelike deck-building game. It is set in a post-apocalyptic world inspired by indian culture and sci-fi literature. In this broken world you lead a desperate band of outcasts in their search for a safe, new home. On your travels through the procedurally generated wasteland you encounter strange people and mysterious places. You will run into difficult situations and dangerous battles. These fights are resolved with a tactical turn-based card game. If you survive you can recruit followers, find loot and level up to improve your deck to better face the rising challenges ahead.
Martin started work on the project in mid 2014 with some early prototyping, searching for an interesting conflict resolution mechanic. The game is inspired by his cultural heritage and his love for games like FTL or Magic: The Gathering. In early 2015 Nowhere Prophet recieved public funding for the production from the MFG Baden-Württemberg. Since then the game has been expanded on with the help of a bunch of talented freelancers. The game is currently in development for PC with later releases for consoles and tablet planned.
- Single-player card game
- New procedurally generated maps each game
- Find loot and recruit followers to build your deck
- Unlock new content accross multiple playthroughs
- Stunning and colorful art style
- A post-apocalyptic world inspired by non-western sources
- Indian infused electronica soundtrack
First Access Trailer YouTube
Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Mood Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "There’s so much flavour it could be your new favourite cuisine."
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "There are a lot of indie games out there right now, but when you find Nowhere Prophet it's like coming across a well-maintained rosewood antique in a flea-market."
- Alexis Kennedy,
About Sharkbomb Studios
Sharkbomb Studios is a German independent game studio formed by Joachim Eckert and Martin Nerurkar. With passion and other magic ingredients, we craft small games for smartphones and other platforms.
More information on Sharkbomb Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Nowhere Prophet Credits
Code and Game Design, Sharkbomb Studios
Lead Artist, Freelancer
Design and Code, Intern
Narrative Design, Freelancer